All about.... The Kaslusky's!

My photo
Our little family loves to travel, play, read, all things Penn State, and laughing and giggling! If only we could get paid to laugh and giggle! Joseph brings such joy to all he meets, and his smile is infectious! And we are so excited Sweet Baby James is here safe and sound!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Magical Pillowcases

This post from Mommy!

Merry Christmas Eve!

My mom and dad used to make a craft every year... 
I have carried on the tradition....

This year, I decided that 18 nieces and nephews
(well, that's 12 nieces and nephews and 6 very special littles in our lives)
needed a craft made by Aunt Catherine.

That was a good idea in August....

October. I bought the material.
I ordered a new sewing machine.
I made joseph one of these... 

Then.... life happened.

So, thank goodness for a random snow day where my district had more snow than Daddy's 
and BAM!
Mission Completion.

My mom was an awesome "sewer" 
she would kill me if i said seamstress because she always said she wasn't good.
She would tell me to Call Rev. Thompson if I needed something 
or talk to her dearest friend Rita. because in her eyes --- they were amazing.
But, my mom could make anything I asked her too.

She didn't teach me to sew... but I watched a LOT and learned through watching....

Mrs. Gates, my Middle School "Home Ec" (at the time) teacher taught me to sew.

So, Mom, Rita, Rev. -- these are for you-- 
18 littles getting magical Christmas Pillowcases... 

And Mrs. Gates, I owe it all to you. 
It makes me sad Home Ec isn't in the schools anymore... because this couldn't have happened without you and your teaching to me... 

5 different prints chosen for various children... ready to be wrapped

some of the pillowcases ready to ship (CA bound)
the others waiting for me to wrap
Merry Christmas Nieces and Nephews....



And thank you Alice Gates - for giving me the brain tools to do it!

And thank you seamstress friends, Mom, Rita, and Rev.
I've been watching you for years!
;-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment