All about.... The Kaslusky's!

My photo
Our little family loves to travel, play, read, all things Penn State, and laughing and giggling! If only we could get paid to laugh and giggle! Joseph brings such joy to all he meets, and his smile is infectious! And we are so excited Sweet Baby James is here safe and sound!

Monday, May 8, 2017

The Eve of Four.....


Has it really been 365 days since I last wrote this ? 
Last year on this same night, I wrote this.... The Night Before Three
but it was Mother's Day... so my brain was probably going a thousand different directions... desperately missing my own mother. 

I've written one for each of the boys every year the night before they turn their new age. there are many reasons why.

1) I always take pictures of that 'last look of insert age here' --- for certainly tomorrow they will wake up looking a million days older. I mean, obviously. 

2) My kiddos both have "while you are sleeping" birthdays-- which means, I can't snap that magical moment they turn their age. I am a LOVER of sleep. I will not wake. Nope. nope. nope! 

3) Our most favorite bedtime book has always been "On the Night You Were Born" by Nancy Tillman. Oh this book just speaks to me. In so many ways. Maybe because both J's have a night time birthday. I remember vividly going to the hospital AT NIGHT with each of them... and then their night time birth's..... 2:04am and 1:55am respectively for the J's ... 

No matter what. This last night post will always hold a special place in my heart. 
So, that was long winded... but here it goes. 


Oh James. 
OH JAMES. 
tomorrow- you will be four. WOWZERS. FOUR.
Clearly you will wake up nicely, use the POTTY (our fast potty trainer!), get dressed on your OWN (because you are a BIG BOY!), eat breakfast without saying NO (hahah), 
and never ever argue with us or throw a James fit again....

tonight, 7:01pm


and you will do ALL of those things but....

you will still be my spirited Jamesy.
The boy that I can look in his eyes and see all the crazy things he is dreaming of, 
hilarious things he wants to do that he shouldn't,


and can promise myself you will jump into my arms and wrap your arms around me.
If i am extra lucky, you will grab my cheeks and make a demand..
and then cup your hands and WHISPER ever so softly, (LOUDLY) in my ear 
what you want. 

photo by joseph 


YOU. James. 
You are that miracle that randomly came to us. The one we didn't think would just appear without some work. 
And you have made us work ever since! :-) hehehehe!!

And OH YOU LOVE YOUR BROTHER! Yes, you are at each other ALL the time. 
But you can't go to sleep without him in your newly (since January) shared big boy room! 
You giggle at everything he does and you are SO proud to follow in his footsteps. 



So, tomorrow you awake four ... and we will journey for the next 365 days to prep for Kindergarten!!!  Make new MAGICAL memories!  Ride roller coasters, paint pictures, draw with chalk, drive the dune buggy, lay in the sand, read books till we are blue in the face, scream for Penn State (or Lebanon Valley for Eileen!!!) go to Moes, Chick Fil A, maybe take a dance class, sing, dance to MY SHOT from Hamilton.....  and probably (ok -for sure)  have some crying, yelling and screaming in there too. But lets slide the book end in to this year with this amazing moment. the night I put you to sleep as a three year old and you giggled and said
 I AM THE BIRTHDAY BOY!!! 
your spirit of life is so wonderful! i only wish i could spend my whole days with you watching
you live and love life! 

On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the night wind whispered, life will never be the same -----
heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn, on the wonderful marvelous night you were born.
-N. Tillman 


1 comment: