All about.... The Kaslusky's!

My photo
Our little family loves to travel, play, read, all things Penn State, and laughing and giggling! If only we could get paid to laugh and giggle! Joseph brings such joy to all he meets, and his smile is infectious! And we are so excited Sweet Baby James is here safe and sound!

Monday, February 22, 2010

THON 2010... Love Belongs Here!

This past weekend, hundreds of Penn State students danced for the Four Diamonds Fund and their wish to conquer pediatric cancer. Better yet, over 15,000 students volunteered in some shape or form to make it happen! Mommy and Daddy had both been dancers, chairs, and volunteers and THON has a special place in their hearts!

They wanted to take me and show me this amazing PSU activity - but seeing as how I was getting over a cold, Mommy caught my cold, and Daddy was busy building sets for the school musical coming up quickly, it just wasn't possible -- instead I watched my first THON online on the THON webcast!


I LOVED IT and when the kids were dancing - so was I - bouncing and singing all about THON!

I would even scream at the computer till Mommy turned it on!

Then on Sunday at 4pm, we waited to watch the dancers sit after 46 hours on their feet --- and awaited the grand total of fundraising done! I was soooo excited!


I leaned in for a closer look:

and was SHOCKED with the total of over 7.8 million dollars for THON 2010!
who knows how much thon will raise when I arrive in 2029 school year!
Hopefully by then, we will be dancing celebrating the CURE of pediatric cancer!
THON 2010--- LOVE BELONGS HERE!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you, Lucy and Brady (and any future little K's or Z's) are all at PSU celebrating a cure together. No pressure though,OK, if you chose another school....yeah right... :) LOL
    Love belongs here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Jenny--- how fun it would be for all of us "old people" then to go and celebrate and cheer them on! Oh yeah right to other school (well i would agree with some schools- EXCEPT OSU and MU!)

    ReplyDelete